ARGHAKHANCHI: The families of 13 people who were killed in the bus plunge in Dahakhola at Narpani VDC of the district have collected the bodies of their beloved for cremation after post-mortem was carried out in the district hospital on Monday.
Out of 15 victims, identity of two men is yet to be established, police said. Their bodies have been kept in the district hospital for now.
When the passenger bus heading to Sandhikharka veered off the road and plunged 200 metres down the river, 14 people died on the spot. One person succumbed to injuries while being rescued. Among the deceased are six women and nine men including bus owner Narayan Panthi and driver Rajendra Patel.
Five of the injured were ferried to the Chitwan Medical College Hospital in Chitwan, and one to the Lumbini Zonal Hospital in Butwal where they are receiving treatment.
Eyewitnesses said that the speeding bus fell down most probably because the driver lost control over the steering at a turn.
Two of the victims are staffers of National Investigation Department.
Two of a same family from Kapilvastu—Om Prakash Belbase and Sharada Belbase—died while two others were injured in the incident.
List of Victims
1. Narayan Panthi of Bangi, Arghakhanchi
2. Rajendra Patel
3. Megharaj Khanal of National Investigation Department
4. Krishna Prasad Chaudhari of National Investigation Department
5. Sita Basnet of Bangla, Arghakhanchi
6. Chetkala Neupane of Jukena, Arghakhanchi
7. Shanta Adhikari of Thada, Arghakhanchi
8. Milan Nepali of Hansapur, Arghakhanchi
9. Om Prakash Belbase of Kapilvastu
10. Sharada Belbase of Kapilvastu
11. Keshav Thapa of Dhakabang, Arghakhanchi
12. Kamala Poudel of Khanchi Bot, Arghakhanchi
13. Padam Chhetri of Sitapur, Arghakhanchi
14. Unidentified man
15. Unidentified man