Most wall calendars have beautiful and colourful pictures. If you have any such old calendars left, you can easily make a recycled photo frame out of it. You can also make this frame out of old wrapping papers, posters or magazine pages.
You will need
• Old wall calendar
• A pair of scissors
• Photograph of your choice
• A piece of ribbon or string
1. Measure and cut seven square pieces of 4-inches from the calendar page. If you want a larger frame, then you may increase the square size.
2. Fold all the seven square pieces in half diagonally and press to form a crease.
3. First take one of the pieces. With the printed side of the calendar piece facing down, fold each side in to meet the diagonal crease in the centre.
4. Fold the bottom part of the piece up with the two upper folds. This will form a triangle.
5. Fold the top point down to the edge of the bottom of the
6. Turn over the folded piece and fold the upper layer of the piece in half. Press and make a crease.
7. Now turn it over again and keep it aside.
8. Fold all the other six pieces in the same way.
9. When all the seven pieces are ready, take one of the pieces and put a dab of glue on the right tip at centre right. Then place the left tip of another piece to join. Continue to apply glue and join all the seven pieces to form a star shape.
10. Select a photograph of your choice. Apply glue on the edges of your photograph and attach it to the back of the frame. If the photo is too large, you can trim it according to the frame size.
11. For a hanger, punch a hole into the top of the frame and tie a piece of ribbon or string. And your star photo frame is