LONDON: Stress is a fact of life, and children are no less immune than their parents. How can you recognise if your child is ‘stressed out’? The American Academy of Paediatrics mentions these possible warning signs —
• Having physical problems, such as stomach ache or headache.
• Appearing agitated, tired or restless.
• Seeming depressed and unwilling to talk about his or her feelings.
• Losing interest in activities and wanting to stay at home.
• Acting irritable or negative.
• Participating less at school, possibly including
• Exhibiting antisocial behaviour (stealing or lying), avoiding chores or becoming increasingly dependent on his or her parents.