Teachers’ Day is here and you all must be planning something or the other to celebrate the occasion and thank your teachers. While thinking about gifts for them, pens are the first thing that come to mind. But this time, you can give a nice pen holder as well. Your teacher will surely appreciate your effort.
You will need
• Empty tin container
• Coloured paper or chart paper
• Pistachio shells
1. Find an empty medium sized tin container. Clean the container inside out.
2. Measure and cut a chart paper or any other dark coloured paper to cover the container.
3. Wrap the paper around
the container and secure it with glue. If you want you may also paint the container with enamel paint.
4. Now to decorate the pen holder, first decide the designs you want to make like flowers, butterflies or even letters. Then start painting pistachio shells in bright colours like orange, red, pink to make flowers.
5. To make the leaves, cut some shells into half vertically and paint them green.
6. Use glue to stick and arrange the painted shells carefully. You can draw the branches with brown paint on the container. And a
pen stand is ready. Put some pens in it, tie with a ribbon and it
will be a perfect gift for your teacher.