HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
KATHMANDU: The Capital city witnessed three separate incidents of fire overnight, reported the Armed Police Force.
Property worth over Rs 1.5 million were gutted after fire engulfed the Shikhar Shoes Company in Goldhunga-2, Kathmandu, at 9:30 pm. A special squad of fire-fighters dispatched from APF Neel Barahi Battalion reached the site to douse the fire.
APF personnel brought the fire under control in an hour with the help of local residents and fire engines. According to APF, the fire was caused by an electric short-circuit.
In a separate incident, a fire spread through the house of Anup Lal Manandhar in New Road, burning assets worth Rs 3 lakh down to ashes. An APF team deployed by the Bagbhairav Barracks fought the fire also reportedly caused by an electric short-circuit at 10:45 pm. The fire also led to damage in the first floor of the house where shoes were stored. It took half-an-hour to extinguish the fire.
Similarly, a fire that broke out due to a short-circuit at Sambik Bakery Shop located under the overhead bridge in Bhotahiti, gutted property worth over Rs 1 lakh.