KATHMANDU: Property worth Rs. 17 lakhs including gold and clothes were reduced to ashes on Wednesday when a fire broke out in the house of Deya Maya Maharjan at Dhungedhara in Thamel.
The blaze was set off by the leakage of a cooking gas cylinder in the house.
Armed Police Force (APF) personnel put out the fire with the help of local people and a fire brigade. A group of 71 personnel had arrived from Baghbhairav Gulm as soon as the incident occurred.
Meanwhile, a group of APF personnel have doused another fire which raged at the house of Krishna Dev Pradhan of Kathmandu Metropolitan City-11. The APF personnel with the help of a fire brigade and locals extinguished the fire. Property estimated at Rs. 30,000 was destroyed in the fire. The cause of the fire was short circuit.