HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
NUWAKOT: The cause of last Tuesday’s 200 persons taken ill due to diarrhoea outbreak in Shikharbesi VDC-4, 7, 8 and 9 was believed to be the consumption of a dead cattle’s meat, said a health worker.
According to a local health volunteer Sirmendo Tamang, the villagers came into the grips of diarrhoea in large number after they feasted on the dead buffalo’s meat at the house of local Kanchho Tamang in Shikharbesi-9 about a week ago.
“Despite my advice they consumed the meat, and began falling sick,” Tamang said. Over 200 persons had taken ill due to diarrhoea outbreak in Shikharbesi VDC-4, 7, 8 and 9 since Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the outbreak has come under control by Friday after a joint team of health workers from the district hospital supported by different local health facilities set up a health camp in the village and began treating the patients.
The health workers’ team from the district hospital has since returned to the headquarters on Friday, after the diarrhoea outbreak was contained and all patients were treated.