HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
DHULIKHEL: A six-year-old girl was burnt to death after fire broke out in the house on Tuesday night in Chilaune VDC, Kavre.
The girl — Smriti, daughter of Surya Bahadur Tamang – died, while another daughter Kareena (8) has been injured in the incident.
Police suspect that fire might have started from the candle light when Surya had gone to attend a wedding party and mother was in neighbour’s house at around 9 pm. Grains, food, clothes and all other belongings of Surya Bahadur and his brother Parang’s were reduced to ashes.
Injured Kareena has been sent to Kathmandu-based Teaching Hospital for further treatment, informed police.