RAJBIRAJ: A woman who was bitten by poisonous snake here last night died as she was taken to a witch doctor for treatment instead of rushing to a health post.
She is 58-year-old Urmila Goit Yadav of local Prasawani VDC-4. She died at 11 p.m. on Saturday after she was bitten by a snake at her house.
Yadav was first taken to a witch doctor for treatment after she was bitten by snake.
She was later taken to the Sagarmatha Zonal Hospital at Rajbiraj but it was already late and she died on the way to hospital.
Snake bite cases are becoming frequent in Saptari district these days with increasing heat.