It’s the most anticipated time of the year again and the air is abuzz with excitement! Everywhere you look you see photographers, everywhere you turn you hear the sound of six-inch stiletto’s on the marble flooring. Fashionistas and celebrities will be sharing the space in their best attires, so here are few tips on how you can plan your Fashion Week look.
• Keep it casual. You’re not trying to compete with the ladies up on the runway, so don’t feel you have to wear an outfit worthy of a thousand camera flashes.
• Get thee a tailor. Your best kept secret for looking like a million bucks should be a tailor who knows your figure and your wardrobe. Don’t just grab something off the rack and assume it will look amazing.
• Unless you are a super celebrity with an eight figure salary, there is no reason you should drop an entire month’s rent on a new outfit for the show. Sure, buy a beautiful investment piece that stands out and is re-wearable. But don’t go overboard on designer wear just for this one show.
• Keep your shades away during the duration of the event. Let those peepers see everything and remember that you are there to check out the collection, not to prove that you are a diva or hunk.
• These shoes were made for sitting. Most of the time, its functional over fabulous. But this is no time for ballet flats. Put those comfy shoes away and realise this is one of the only times your most decadent, beautiful
shoes have a reason to come out from your closet.
• Don’t cheat yourself and
fall back on a basic black
cocktail dress. A pop of colour never hurt anyone — and you will certainly appreciate the extra boost in confidence once you’re surrounded by the chic elite. — Agencies