Jakarta bomb blast hotels to re-open Wednesday
JAKARTA: Two luxury Jakarta hotels attacked by suicide bombers earlier this month will re-open on Wednesday, staff said.
The July 17 attacks on the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton left nine dead and 53 injured, including Indonesians and foreigners.
Police have yet to identify the perpetrators but suspect Malaysian-born fugitive Noordin Top, who heads a splinter faction of the radical Islamic group Jemaah Islamiah, may have helped plan the attacks.
The Ritz-Carlton already has guests booked to stay on Wednesday night, said hotel spokeswoman Els Ramadhinta.
"We have reviewed everything from the incident and made some adjustments but I can't disclose what the changes are. Hopefully we will get some more bookings soon," she told Reuters by telephone.
The JW Marriott, which is adjacent to the Ritz-Carlton, will also open on Wednesday.
"We have guests booked for tonight and we also have quite a few future bookings," said spokeswoman Ina Ilmiaviatta.