For beautiful, healthy nails
KATHMANDU: Nails may be just a small part of the body but they are vital, and it is a well known fact the colour of your nails is also an indicator of your health.
Women spend time pampering their nails to keep them pretty and sexy, but it isn’t as same as keeping your nails clean and healthy. Transparent nails which look pink in colour are healthy nails.
Just observe your nails — do you see ridges, dents areas of unusual colour? All it takes to keep them healthy is some common sense and your attention. So many bad nail conditions can be avoided if you make a point to take proper care of them.
Here is how you can do this —
• Remember to monitor the condition of your nails at least a few times a week. Look at the colour, the texture, the appearance of ridges or white marks.
• If you wear nail polish on a regular basis then, take them off for a day or two every week, this will help your nails breathe.
• Massage your nails with coconut oil or warm castor oil for shine.
• Dip a cotton-tipped swab in hydrogen peroxide to clean under the nails and whiten them.
• To clean the cuticles and nails, put your fingertip in half a lemon and twist your finger back and forth.
• To soften your cuticles and help brittle nails become more resilient, soak your fingernails in warm olive oil.
• While moisturising your hands do massage some lotion on your nails as this will help strengthen them.
• Above all keep your nails clean. Trim them regularly and also clean under the nails. To smoothen the edges use a good emery board.