SCHOOL TIMES : Long lasting friendship
It is an inevitable fact that a man is moulded according to the company he keeps. In a persons life there is a direct or indirect impact of friendship. If a man keeps bad company, it takes no time for him to turn bad as well. Therefore, one should think properly while making friends. It is obvious that a man generally makes friends of the same age and having the same interests. This helps a man in different ways whether it is in his studies or for while having fun. Friendship is such a strong thread, which can be made long lasting if one keeps these simple things in mind.
• No two people are the same, hence in friendship everyone should respect each other’s view.
• Friends should be given a chance to think independently
• In the absence of your friend, you should also not backbite about him/her.
• If you are not satisfied with something s/he has said or done tell them frankly
• You should always be ready to help a friend who is in need
• You should even try to point out his/her faults or negative traits so that s/he can correct them
• A good friendship always depends on good manners, nice conversations and a helping attitude.
If we can consider these things, we can have a good and everlasting friendship.
— Sudin Shrestha,
Class VIII, Future Stars