Just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you can’t exercise. You just have to do it safely.
• This is a time to maintain your fitness level with modifications. This is NOT the time to push yourself.
• Add some variety. Pregnancy is a great time to mix up the routine with some low-impact activities such as yoga.
• Know your limits. You should be able to carry on a conversation during your entire workout. Your heart rate should not exceed 140.
• Communicate with your doctor and a certified fitness professional. Often there are modifications to regular exercises that make them better for pregnancy.
• Keep moving. You must workout at least 2 times a week to get the benefits from exercise. And keep it going throughout your entire pregnancy.
• Watch your weight. Remember that your goal is to stay fit, not to lose weight. Losing weight during pregnancy is a big no-no.
• Stay hydrated. It’s key to drink a lot of water before, during and after exercise. Consider carrying a water bottle while you work out.
Here are few things that you need to keep in mind Ask your doctor first.
Never exercise to exhaustion.
Do not exercise in the heat.
Know the warning signs for serious complications.