Crumbed Tuna Loin Tower
Recipe of the week
- Yellow Fin Tuna Loin — 100 gm
- Bread Crumbs — 50 gm
- Cherry Tomato — 2 pcs
- Asparagus — 2 pcs
- Coloured Lettuce — 50 gm
- Sweet Lime —1 pc
- Lemon — 1 pc
- Parmesan Cheese — 30 gm
- Balsamic Vinegar — 20 ml
- Sugar — 5 gm
- Red Bell Pepper — 1 pc
- Sea Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Prepare and clean dry tuna fish. Marinate it with fresh lemon juice, sea salt and crushed pepper. Keep aside for a while and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Finely grate parmesan cheese and spread thinly on baking paper then bake for five minute on 165 degree celsius.
- Slow cook red bell pepper in about 120 degree celsius for 30 minutes and blend it with salt and pepper.
- Take a sauce pan; add equal quantities of balsamic vinegar and water, put five gms sugar and reduce the concoction in slow fire until it becomes thick and smooth.
- Now cook tuna in a non stick pan with clarified butter.
- Slice the tuna and put it on a plate. Place baked parmesan flakes on top and add lettuce over it. Balance asparagus, cherry tomato, crushed pepper, sea salt topping with balsamic reduction and red pepper emulsion. Garnish it with citrus and parsley.
The author is the Executive Chef at Shangri-La Hotel, Kathmandu.