Binisha’s body brought home

KATHMANDU: The body of Binisha Shah, a Nepali student pursuing dental education in Pioneer Dental College, Dhaka, was brought home today.

The Embassy of Nepal in Bangladesh had received the police report and embalming certificate that were necessary to bring back Shah’s body.

As per Dhan Bahadur Oli, deputy chief of mission, Embassy of Nepal in Bangladesh, the postmortem of the dead body was conducted at Dhaka Medical College.

The initial report of the postmortem has been handed over to Binisha’s brother Narendra Shah.

Oli said, “The student had left the examination hall half an hour before the examination ended. In the video footage made available by the college, she is seen walking normally. She then went to her hostel room.”

Nineteen-year-old Binisha was found to be hanging from the ceiling fan in her hostel room on December 19. “Her tuition fees had already been paid. Therefore, that wasn’t the cause of her suicide,” added Oli. A family member said Binisha’s body would be taken to Biratnagar for final rites.


Binisha's body to be brought today

KATHMANDU: The body of Binisha Shah, a Nepali student who committed suicide while pursuing dental education in Pioneer Dental College and Hospital in Dhaka, Bangladesh, will be brought to Nepal on Sunday.

According to the Embassy of Nepal in Bangladesh, the body will be sent back home today itself through the Dhaka-based Home Bound Service. The Embassy has already obtained the police incident report and Embalming certificate needed to expediate Shah's last home-bound journey.

The death of the 19-year-old has reignited a recent flurry of discussion on the situation of Nepali students in Bangladesh, as this incident comes shortly after the reports of admission of Nepali students in Blacklisted Bangladeshi colleges.

The Embassy also expressed its condolence on the sudden demise of Shah and urged all to be sensitive towards the tragedy upon the victim's family as well as refrain from spreading hearsay.

The embassy has been involved in all aspect of investigation and had filed a report at the Dhaka Metropolitan Police for further investigation, read a press statement issued here today.

The case has received support from all involved parties including Bangladesh police, Pioneer Dental College administration and Dhaka Medical College in the process to return Shah home.