Fire plume from water boring site rings alarm bell in Sirutar
KATHMANDU: A fire plume originated from a water boring site in Sirutar of Bhaktapur, terrorising residents of the neighbourhood on Tuesday morning.
It is believed that underground natural gas caught fire during deep boring as the pipe reached 180 below the ground level. Boring was being done to extract underground water for supply to local community.
Fire reportedly became intense, ringing an alarm bell to the Pilagaun locals.
Fire brigades from Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur are trying to contain the fire which was first reported at around 10:30 am, according to the Rastriya Samachar Samiti.
Personnel from Nepal Police and Armed Police Force and locals are also involved in the efforts to control the fire.