Kathmandu, April 18
Police said three incidents of fire were reported from various places of Kathmandu Valley yesterday.
A motorcycle that was kept for servicing at Yamaha Motorcycle Showroom, owned by Kumar Shrestha, was partially damaged after fire broke out abruptly inside the Showroom in Gyaneshwor of KMC-33.
The front part of the motorcycle (Ba 69 Pa 236) belonging to Sushil Ale Magar of Lalbandhi in Sarlahi district, worth around Rs 125,000, was damaged by the fire.
Magar is currently living in Maitidevi.
Similarly, a fire that erupted from a gas leakage destroyed valuables at Pancha Kumari Marga of KMC-34.
The fire gutted the property of tenant Shiva Chaudhary, 38, in the house of Murali Prasad Sharma.
Chaudhary, a resident of Dulari Municipality-7 of Morang district, is receiving treatment at a hospital after being injured while dousing the fire.
Meanwhile, the house of Shukra Bahadur Tamang of Shakharapur Municipality-7 in Kathmandu was damaged in another incident of fire.
A version of this article appears in print on April 19, 2016 of The Himalayan Times.