PM Oli off to China
Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli waves before he leaves for China on Sunday, March 20, 2016. Photo: RSS
KATHMANDU: Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli on Sunday left for China on a week-long official visit at the invitation of his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang
Prime Minister Oli was accompanied by his spouse Radhika Shakya, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs Kamal Thapa, Minister for Finance Bishnu Prasad Paudel, Minister for Commerce Deepak Bohara, Minister for Education Giriraj Mani Pokharel, PM’s Chief Advisor Bishnu Prasad Rimal, Chief Secretary Somlal Subedi along with some lawmakers and high government officials.
During the visit, the premier is scheduled to pay a courtesy call on Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Gachhadar designated acting PM
Meanwhile, President Bidya Devi Bhandari assigned the senior-most Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister for Physical Infrastructure and Transport Bijay Kumar Gachhadar to perform daily administrative functions of the Prime Minister till Oli returns home.
Likewise, Oli also designated the acting chairmanship of his party CPN-UML to its Vice-Chairman Bamdev Gautam.
- Attend a welcome ceremony at the Great Hall of the People and hold bilateral official talks with his Chinese counterpart, Li Keqiang, and discuss matters of mutual interests and common concerns
- With Keqiang, witness the signing ceremony of bilateral agreements and memorandums of understanding to be concluded between Nepal and China.
- Attend a luncheon to be hosted by Keqiang in honour of the Prime Minister of Nepal and his delegation.
- Meet Yu Zhengsheng, Chairman of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference.
- Address scholars, academics, business people and students at Renmin University on the theme of ‘Nepal-China Relations in the context of Belt and Road Initiatives’.
- Witness the signing ceremony of MoU on Granting Nepal the Status of Dialogue Partner of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- Address the Chinese and Nepali business community at the China Council for Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT).
- Attend a welcome dinner hosted by Mahesh K. Maskey, Nepal’s Ambassador at Embassy of Nepal in Beijing.
- Interact with the media people at the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing.
- Address the Boao Forum for Asia on the theme “Asia’s New Future: New Dynamics, New Vision” at Boao, Hinnan province of China
- Visit Nepal Pavilion at Nanshan Park in Sanya.
- Hold meetings with Provincial and Municipal leaders in Xi’an of Shaanxi Province and Chengdu of Sichuan Province and address the business communities in the both places.
- Inspect earthquake reconstruction zone and a hydroelectricity project in Sichuan province
- Return home from Chengdu.