Property worth Rs 4 lakh gutted in mattress workshop fire

KATHMANDU: Property worth around  Rs 400,000 was gutted when a  quilt and mattress workshop belonging to Khom Prasad Pandey caught fire at Tallo Bhangal, in Budhanilakantha Municipality-9, in Kathmandu, on Tuesday.

According to police, the fire started from a manufacturing machine due to an electrical short circuit, destroying the goods in the room.

The fire was contained with the help of a fire brigade, locals and police.

Further investigation into the case is underway, said police.