Six taken ill after consuming mushrooms in Lalitpur

KATHMANDU: Six persons of a single family were taken ill after they reportedly consumed mushrooms collected from a field in Bhainsepati, Karyabinayak-2 of Lalitpur district.

The family of Sushila Acharya had collected the mushrooms grown in their field, according to police.

After the meal, they had started vomiting.

Meanwhile, all of the victims were rushed to the Pulchok-based Alka Hospital for treatment, according to police.

They can speak and are out of danger, police added.

Further investigation is underway.