Thamel book shop catches fire

KATHMANDU: Property worth around Rs 60 million turned into ashes after a book shop caught fire at Thamel Fire Chok of Kathmandu on Tuesday.

The property was destroyed when the Summit Book Shop owned by Ram Hari Thapa of Paknajol, Kathmandu caught fire after an electric short circuit.

Maps, papers, books, wooden racks and other materials of the shops were completely destroyed.

The shop was on the ground floor of a concrete house belonging to Sabitri Rana in the popular tourism hub of the city.