Two electrocuted while working

KATHMANDU: Two persons were electrocuted during their works in Kathmandu on Friday and Saturday, police said.

Rupak Khadka (29), a garage worker in Jadibuti, KMC-35, died of the electric shock on Saturday.

Khadka had received the shock while working at the garage and was rushed to Minbhawan-based Civil Service Hospital.

But, he breathed his last during treatment at the Hospital, police said.

In another case, a Nepal Electricity Authority staffer was electrocuted while repairing an electricity line in Dahachok, Chandragiri Municipality-2 of the Capital on Friday.

The deceased has been identified as Kumar Bhattarai (45), a resident of Bhimdhunga of Kathmandu, working at the NEA Balambu station.

He had sustained injuries after receiving an electric shock while repairing the Dahachok-based repeater tower, according to police.

Bhattarai had succumbed to injuries while being rushed to Maharajgunj-based Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, police added.