Woman injured in cooking gas-sparked fire

KATHMANDU: A woman was injured as cooking gas leakage sparked fire in Kapan of Kathmandu on Friday.

Rita Khatri (35), a permanent resident of Benam-1 of Okhaldhunga, sustained burn injuries while her rented room at Phaika Chok, Kapan, Budhanilakantha-14 caught fire today.

She was rushed to the Om Hospital for treatment and was later referred to Sankhu-based Sushma Koirala Memorial Hospital in Sankhu.

Police said the woman can speak.

A fire engine assisted by locals and police had contained the fire.

Further investigation is underway.