KATHMANDU: A man was reportedly robbed of four kg yarsagumba from Samakhusi on Thursday. According to a complaint lodged with police, Lal Bahadur Shrestha, 43, of Makhu-7, Dolakha, was staying at Royal Restaurant to sell the prized herb when six unidentified persons masquerading as police personnel overpowered him before making off with the yarsagumba. Shrestha is said to be a licenced trader of yarsagumba. Based on information that one of the robbers had used a bike, a police team of the Metropolitan Police Circle, Gongabu, arrested Dhan Bahadur Tamang, 33, of Ghyalchowk-4, Gorkha for his alleged involvement in the robbery. Police said they have started a manhunt to nab other suspects.
Two burglaries
KATHMANDU: Two incidents of property crime were reported in the capital on Thursday, police said. Unidentified thieves barged into the house of Tika Maya Shrestha and decamped with property worth around Rs 1,290,000 in Balambu. Rs 500,000 and various gold ornaments weighing 13 tola were reportedly burgled from the unattended house. Similarly, cash and valuables worth around Rs 210,000 were stolen from the house of Manjushree Dawadi in Naikap. Thieves sneaked into the house after breaking a window and made off with Rs 10,000 in cash, a laptop computer and an iPhone, police informed.
Man electrocuted
KATHMANDU: A man died from an electric shock in Kapan on Friday. Police have identified the deceased as Ganesh Moktan, 47, of Terhathum. He was the owner of the Astha Guest House in Kapan. Moktan, who fell unconscious after accidentally receiving an electric shock, was rushed to the Grande International Hospital, Dhapasi, but he died while undergoing treatment. Police said they were looking into the incident.
Elderly found dead
KATHMANDU: A 66-year-old man was found dead on Friday. The deceased has been identified as Sanu Kaji Basnet of Sanga, Kavre. Basnet, who had been living in a makeshift shelter set up in an open ground of Balkhu after the earthquakes of April and May, was found dead. The body has been sent to TU Teaching Hospital, Maharajgunj, for post-mortem. Police said they are investigating the cause of the death.