Being fashionable and stylish is a must but what is more important is to get your makeup right. Makeup artist Bina Mali shares some tips to get the party look this summer
For the face
- Always start your makeup by cleansing to remove dirt, oil, and other unwanted particles. This will also help you keep your skin hydrated.
- Since it’s summer, apply SPF moisturiser to protect you from the scorching sun. It will help the concealer glide smoothly.
- For oily dusky skin, use yellow concealer on under eye circles and blemishes as it will help to even out the skin tone.
- Apply pan stick foundation that matches your skin tone to hide small blemishes.
- Apply some pancake foundation to control the oil. Follow this up by contouring to sharpen your features. Top up with some loose powder.
- For a natural glow, apply blush on the apples of your cheeks using a big fluffy brush to blend.
- To complete your look, apply some lip balm to keep your lips moisturised. This allows your lip liner and lipstick to glide on easily. Fill the lips with the lip pencil and then run the lipstick over.
For the eyes
- Start with eye shadow. Use eye shades that complement the colour of the dress. Apply eye shadow using a flat eye shadow brush and then use a fluffy dome shaped brush to blend.
- Apply a dark colour in your crease and follow it with a highlighter up to your brow bone.
- After applying your desired tone of eye shadow, apply eyeliner to enhance your eye makeup. You can use a pencil, gel or liquid liner.
- Apply mascara from the roots of the lashes and twist the wand in a zig-zag motion till the tip. This will nicely coat the lashes individually and will add definition and volume.
- Style your hair with loose curls for a cool look.
- Walk with confidence and don’t forget to give a big smile.
Bina Mali is a freelance makeup artist who has been working in the glam industry for the past two and half years. She also runs Magic Feel Beauty Parlour.
A version of this article appears in print on May 06, 2016 of The Himalayan Times.
Follow The Himalayan Times on