12 taken ill after consuming wild mushroom in Myagdi

BENI: Some 12 persons have been taken ill after consuming wild mushroom at Ratnechaur of Beni Municipality-1 of Myagdi district on Thursday.

A group of 12 persons hailing from Shaktikhor-2 of Chitwan district and has been working for the construction of canal at Ratnechaur had fallen sick after consuming meal including poisonous mushroom, said the Myagdi District Police Office.

Among those fallen sick have been identified as Kamal Chetang (30), Dal Bahadur Chetang (20), Ramji Chetang (65), Birbal Chetang (15), Shanker Chetang (14), Susmita Chetang (22) and his one-year-old daughter Rajani Chetang, informed Deputy Superintendant of Police (DSP) Hira Bahadur Giri. A

Among others are Sangeeta Chetang (16), Keshab Rai (19) Sanjaya Magar (13) and eight-year-old Kumar Magar of Shaktikhor, he added.

All of them were taken to Dhaulagiri Zonal Hospital, Baglung at 5.00 pm for treatment the same day.

The Hospital had referred them to Pokhara for further treatment.

All of them are said to be in critical condition.