12-year-old girl killed in Saptari house fire
RAJBIRAJ: A 12-year-old girl was killed in a house fire sparked by a kerosene lamp in Saptari district on Wednesday.
The deceased has been identified as Sangita Mandal, daughter of Shiva Narayan Mandal, of Belhichapena-6 in the district.
Mandal died in the fire that also burnt down the one-storey house belonging to the Mandal family, according to the District Police Office, Saptari.
Injured in the fire, Mandal was rushed to the Gajendra Narayan Singh Sagarmatha Zonal Hospital in Rajbiraj where she breathed her last during the course of treatment, police said.
Goods worth Rs 150,000 were gutted in the blaze, police added.