16 taken ill after consuming food at Bratabandha feast
DHADING: Over a dozen people have been taken ill after consuming food at a feast in Kumahi Jyamrung of Dhading district two days ago.
Sixteen of them have been brought to the Dhading District Hospital in the district headquarters for treatment.
They suffer from abdominal pain, headache, diarrhoea and vomiting, according to Rasila Amatya, the superintendent of Dhading District Hospital.
Symptoms suggest that they suffer from food poisoning and are being treated accordingly.
Kith and kin of Suresh Bayalkoti, who gathered at his house on Wednesday on the eve of Bratabandha of one of the family members, were taken ill, according to Mithi Bayalkoti, a local resident.