2 injured in Morang fire; property worth Rs 6 lakh gutted

BHOJPUR: Two persons sustained burn injuries while property worth Rs 600,000 was gutted in a fire in Dakaita Tol, Majare VDC-5 of Morang district on Sunday.

Mahendra Mandal, a local of the area, had made a fire inside his cowshed in order to keep mosquitoes away, at around 11 pm,  which later spread all over the shed, said police.

The fire also killed two cows and an ox which were inside the shed.

Later, it further spread to a neighbouring cowsheds and neighbour Minraj Gangai's calf was also killed while Rambhadevi Gangai lost her cow along with Rs 50,000 cash. Likewise, Parshuram Mandal's cowshed was also destroyed, said Biratnagar-based East Regional Police Office.

Police deployed by the Majhare Police Post along with the locals had contained the fire at around midnight.