29 taken ill after consuming wild mushroom in Nuwakot

NUWAKOT: As many as 29 persons were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom in Samari VDC of Nuwakot district.

The locals from seven households at Maibal village, who consumed the mushroom on Thursday evening, started feeling symptoms of illness from this morning.

Police said that the locals were brought to the District Hospital, Trishuli, for treatment after they started developing symptoms like stomachache and vomiting.

Condition of Darshan Tamang, Lenden Tamang, Dawa Tamang, Namjel Tamang and Sanchamaya Tamang is serious and they have been referred to Kathmandu for further treatment.