5 taken ill in Taplejung after consuming wild mushrooms

PHIDIM: Five persons have been taken ill and hospitalised after consuming poisonous wild mushrooms in Taplejung district on Wednesday.

According to the Taplejung District Police Office, Indra Kumari Sunuwar (40) of Nangolyang VDC-3, had collected the toxic mushrooms from a nearby forest on Tuesday evening before serving it to her family and neighbor.

Indra Kumari along with her daughter, Ramala, daughter-In-law Kalpana Limbu, neighbour Sommaya Rai and Rai's five-year-old daughter Tejkumari were taken ill due to the consumption.

Police said they were rushed to the Taplejung District Hospital after they started vomiting and reported headache.

All are currently undergoing treatment at the same health facility, added police.