7 members of a family taken ill after consuming toxic mushroom in Panchthar

PHIDIM: Seven members of a family were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom in Phaktep-6 of Panchthar district on Thursday.

According to police, Hem Kumar Chemjong (36) of Phaktep-6, his wife Mangali Maya Chemjong (33), son San Bir Chemjong (13), Maila Chemjong (12), daughter Anjani Chemjong (9), four-year-old daughter and another son whose name is yet to be established had fallen sick after they ate curry of the wild mushroom brought from a nearby jungle yesterday evening.

They were rushed to the District Hospital Ilam, later they were referred to the Mechi Zonal Hospital, Bhadrapur after they could not be treated at the district hospital.

It has been learnt that they started to vomit immediately after consuming mushroom.