8 taken ill after consuming toxic mushroom

DHANGADHI: As many as eight persons have fallen sick after consuming toxic mushroom in Kailali and Doti districts.

According to Him Bahadur Lama, Chief at the District Police Office, Doti, Juneli Nepali (7), Krishna Nepali (2), Rajesh Nepali (9) and Roshani Nepali (5) of Doti have fallen unconscious after eating wild mushroom brought from a nearby jungle.

Following the incident, they were rushed to the Rajpur-based Sujag Hospital in Dipayal for treatment.

Later, the Sujag Hospital referred them to the District Hospital, Doti for better treatment.

Among the four, three have regained their consciousness except Juneli Nepali.

Similarly, four members of a single family of the Badi Community were taken ill after consuming poisonous mushroom in Lamkichuha of Kailali district on Tuesday.

They have been identified as Bishnu Badi (30), his wife Surja Badi (30), son Nimal Badi (8) and daughter Sirja Badi (6) of Balchaur, Lamkichuha-1 of the district.

Police said that they are receiving treatment at the Tikapur Hospital.