Nepal | May 30, 2020

Construction of Kabeli B 1 project begins

Himalayan News Service
Share Now:

Phidim, April 21

The construction of 25 megawatts Kabeli B 1 Hydro Project has begun in Panchthar district. The hydropower project is the largest in Mechi Zone.

Six years after the project received license from the Department of Electricity Development, construction work has started from Panchthar’s Nagi, Tharpu, Amarpur and Taplejung’s Thumbedin VDCs simultaneously.

Arun Kabeli Power Limited has been awarded the contract for the construction of the project. Technical director of Arun Kabeli Power Limited, Hastaman Rai, said civil construction of the project had begun. More than 700 workers are involved in construction work.

The project has purchased 288 ropanis of land at the cost of over Rs 60 million. The estimated cost of the project is Rs 4 billion.

The promoters will bear 30 per cent of the cost while various financial institutions, including Nepal Investment Bank, will bear the remaining 70 per cent.

The project is preparing to issue Initial Public Offering of 1,500,000 units of shares for the locals in the project affected areas.


A version of this article appears in print on April 22, 2016 of The Himalayan Times.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories:

More from The Himalayan Times:

Are we doing enough for the mental health of healthcare workers?

The number of coronavirus patients has been increasing over the past few days in Nepal. In the current scenario, it seems like the numbers would further increase in the coming days. Given that healthcare workers and frontline staff are the first responders to manage the ongoing pandemic with limited Read More...

MoHP briefing: Nepal witnesses exponential increase in COVID-19 cases

KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP), in its regular press briefing, shared the latest updates from across the country on government’s response to COVID-19 crisis. As of today, 64,154 tests through Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) method and 105,478 Rapid Diagnostic Tests Read More...

Ministry of Home Affairs

Chaurjahari Incident: Govt-formed probe committee begins investigation

JAJARKOT: A five-member high level investigation committee formed by Home Ministry to probe the Chaurjahari incident has begun its investigation from today. The incident occurred when Navaraj BK along with his 18 friends reached Sothi in West Rukum district from Bheri Municipality in Jajarkot Read More...

19 COVID-19 diagnosed individuals discharged, 206 recoveries so far

KATHMANDU: As many as 19 persons earlier diagnosed with COVID-19, admitted at different health facilities across the country, have been discharged, following recovery, confirmed MoHP. Two patients receiving treatment at the Teku-based Sukraraj Tropical and Infectious Disease Hospital, have been d Read More...

What’s behind latest India-China border tension

NEW DELHI: Tensions along the China-India border high in the Himalayas have flared again in recent weeks. Indian officials say the latest row began in early May, when Chinese soldiers entered the Indian-controlled territory of Ladakh at three different points, erecting tents and guard posts. They Read More...

Monkeys steal coronavirus blood samples in India

LUCKNOW: A troop of monkeys in India attacked a medical official and snatched away blood samples of patients who had tested positive for the novel coronavirus, authorities said on Friday. The attack occurred this week when a laboratory technician was walking in the campus of a state-run medical Read More...

Little fear, lots of love as Madrid medics do home rounds amid pandemic

MADRID: With air kisses and palms clasped, elderly patients in Madrid greet medics who come to check them at home during the coronavirus pandemic despite the risks involved. "I don't know if it's right to say it but I've had little fear," primary care nurse Ana Arenal told Reuters after she Read More...

Cilic and Coric to join Djokovic's Balkan tour

BELGRADE: Croatians Marin Cilic and Borna Coric will join world number one Novak Djokovic's tennis tournament to be played across the Balkans June 13-July 5, the Serb said on Tuesday. Their inclusion will complete a formidable field also featuring Alexander Zverev, Dominic Thiem and Grigor Dimi Read More...