Death toll from wild mushroom consumption reaches 10 in Panchthar

PANCHTHAR: Death toll from the consumption of toxic mushroom in Panchthar district has reached 10 with the demise of Birendra Madlak of Adna-1 on Thursday.

Madlak, who was taken ill after consuming wild mushroom on May 23, was first taken to the Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS) for treatment, which later referred him to the Amda Hospital in Damak.

It has been learned that he breathed his last on the way to the Amda Hospital.

Other seven persons are receiving treatment at different hospitals in the east, DSP Krishna Prasad Koirala at the District Police Office, Panchthar informed.