Dhankuta toddler chokes to death while eating lychee

DHANKUTA: A toddler died after choking on a lychee seed in Dhankuta Municipality of the district on Sunday.

Jivan Limbu from Gothgaun of Dhankuta Municipality-3 lost his two-year-old son Sanam, as the latter could not swallow the lychee.

A neighbour Badri Mishra informed that the peeled fruit given to the child by his mother was found stuck in the throat, asphyxiating the child.

The child had breathed his last before he was brought to the Dhankuta District Hospital, said the Hospital.