Rolpa, October 3:
Although most Rolpalis are slowly returning home along with their families after years, those displaced to district headquarters and other cities due to Maoist conflict could not return to their villages this year, too.
The villages in Rolpa district, which is considered the birthplace of over a decade-long Maoist conflict, used to wear a deserted look prior to recent ceasefire. Only women, children and elderly were left in the villages.
However, after the ceasefire, the villagers are gradually returning to their homes.
Although the environment of celebration has returned after years in the villages of Rolpa, there is still disappointment for some families whose members could not return home this year, too.
â€œWe returned home from district headquarters Liwang with a belief that peace will definitely be restored in the nation now,â€ said Rishi Ram Pun of Pang Village Development Committee.
According to the Rolpa District Administration Office, some 1310 locals were displaced from Rolpa due to Maoist conflict and many of them were Nepali Congress activists. Rolpa district committee of the CPN-UML informed that none of its cadres were displaced from
Chief District Officer Bal Dev Gautam said only eight persons belonging to five families, who were displaced due to Maoists, have returned home so far. Maoists said the displaced people would be allowed to return home according to the partyâ€™s central policy.
Deputy Chief of the Maoistsâ€™ Rolpa Peoplesâ€™ Government, Surendra Gharti, said: â€œWe have asked for the list of those displaced from the villages from political parties but they are yet to give us the list.â€