Fire in clothes godown guts property worth Rs 2 mln in Sunsari

BHOJPUR: Property worth around Rs 2 million was reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at a clothes godown in Dharan Municipality-2 of Sunsari in the wee hours of Saturday.

Police informed that the fire that broke out due to electric short circuit in the godown of Suresh Agrawal destroyed clothes of various brands at around 2 am today.

The blaze was contained with the help of locals and police personnel deployed from the Area Police Office, the Eastern Regional Police Office, Biratnagar informed.