Family members of abducted child accuse police of neglecting case

Bara, July 21

Kin of Ankit Sah, a minor of Bara’s Jitpursimara sub-metropolis who was kidnapped about two months ago, have complained that police had shown very little interest in searching their missing family member.

Speaking to journalists in Jitpur today, mother of the kidnapped kid, Sangitadevi, made a plea to help in the search operation of her kidnapped son and accused police of not being serious.

“It’s been about two months since he (Ankit) was abducted but the police haven’t done much to search him,” she said, adding they were receiving frequent calls from Indian number for ransom money.

“They have asked for 10 million rupees in ransom, and we’ve informed the police about this, but quite surprisingly, the police is not taking the matter seriously,” she lamented. Having gone out of home to play with his friends, Ankit ,9, hasn’t returned home since June 5. After the boy didn’t return home till the evening, his family had informed the police. And though the police are said to have started their investigation from the same day itself, nothing has come out of the investigation so far.

“We’ve lost all our happiness ever since our son was kidnapped,” said Ankit’s father Lalan, who trades in paddy. On his part, District Police Office Bara DSP RanjitsinghRathaur said investigation was on. “As we have launched investigation into the case, he will soon be found,” he said.