DHANUSHA: Two of a family were electrocuted in Dhanusha on Thursday night.

The deceased has been identified as Murari Sah (32) and his 12-year-old son Suraj of Devpurarupaitha from Janakpur Sub-Metropolitan City-2.

The father-son duo suffered electric shocks from a high-voltage electric wire that had snapped from a pole nearby their house. The electric wire had snapped due to a short circuit, locals said.

Meanwhile, the irate kin and locals had picketed the Office of Nepal Electricity Authority on Friday, demanding compensation. The tragedy happened due to negligence of the NEA, they claimed.

They did not allow the authority concerned to pick up the bodies and obstructed the traffic.

Later, an agreement was reached among the local administration, police and NEA office to provide Rs 50,000 each to the victims and Rs 25,000 each to conduct their last rites, said NEA supply centre Janakpur Chief Jitendra Jha.