Fire breaks out at Radio Narayani station, transmission interrupted

CHITWAN: A fire broke out at the Radio Narayani, a community radio station, based in Bharatpur of Chitwan.

The fire broke out from an electrical short circuit at 8 pm on Sunday, radio owner Govinda Devkota informed.

Devkota added that the fire damaged the radio station's UPS battery set, converter, transmitter among others, interrupting transmission since last night.

The total amount of damage is yet to be estimated, according to the radio.

A fire engine was dispatched to take the fire under control and prevent further damages.