Fire breaks out in Ram Mandir at Janakpurdham

JANANKPUR: A fire broke out in the famous Ram Mandir  here in Janakpurdham, of Dhanusha district in eastern Nepal on Monday.

Electric short-circuit sparked fire at a room occupied by one of the temple priests, according to police. Cash, clothes, furniture, television and holy books were gutted in fire.

After seeing a smoke billowing from the room in Ram Mandir which lies south-east of the Janaki Temple, devotees alerted the security personnel.

Priest Mahendra Jha had been residing in the room, according to Mahantha Ram Giri, the chief custodian of Ram Mandir.

The room was locked as Jha has currently gone to Kathmandu.