Fire guts property worth Rs 500,000 in Sunsari

INARUWA: Property worth around Rs 500,000 was reduced to rubble when a fire broke out at a grocery store at Aurawani VDC-2 in Sunsari district on Saturday.

According to store owner Suresh Chaudhary, foodstuff and other items were gutted in the fire.

The flame also damaged a refrigerator.

It has been learned that the cause behind the fire was electric short circuit.

The blaze was later taken under control with the help of police personnel and locals.