DAMAK: Properties worth around Rs 1 million gutted in a fire that occurred in two houses in Damak Municipality-3, Jhapa last night.

Police said that the fire occurred after the electricity leakage in the house nelonging to Bishnu Chimariya and Shree Prasad Bhandari, causing huge damage of their properties.

According to police, huge amount of foodstuffs, mainly paddy and maize were gutted to cinder in the inferno.

Likewise, some goats also died as the barns were also destroyed in the fire. No human casualty was reported in the incident, police shared.