Fire guts two houses in Khotang

KATHMANDU: At least two houses were reduced to ashes in a fire at Aspatal Chok in Diktel Municipality of Khotang district on Wednesday.

However, no human casualties have been reported yet.

According to Chief District Officer (CDO) Chandra Karki, the houses belonging to Laxmi Pandey and Dhak Prasad Pandey were completely destroyed in the fire.

The incident occurred at around 7:30 am.

CDO Karki said that the reason behind the fire was electric short circuit.

Details of the property destroyed in the fire are yet to be established, he added.

The fire was later taken under control with the help of police personnel and locals.