House gutted

HETAUDA: A house belonging to Surendra Lama turned into ashes after a fire caused by electric short circuit spread at Hetauda Sub-metropolis in Makawanpur on Wednesday.

DSP Sishu Sharma of District Police Office, Makawanpur said the house was completely destroyed.

He further informed that utensils, food grains and clothes, among other items, were destroyed, but no human casualty was reported.

Police said locals, police team and the fire engine had brought the blaze under control.