Kavre, July 18
District Development Committee, Kavre, has released the first instalment of relief to more than 1,000 earthquake victims of the district for construction of their houses a week ago.
The DDC released Rs 50,000 to as many as 1,120 quake victim families of Rabiopi, Kolanti Bhumlu and Koshidekha VDCs of the districts.
Planning Monitoring and Administrative Officer at the DDC, Dholak Raj Dhakal, said Rs 39 million to 784 families of Rabiopi, Rs 13.3 million and Rs 50,000 each to 267 victims of Kolanti Bhumlu and Rs 3.5 million to 70 victims of Koshidekha VDCs was released for construction of their houses which were damaged in the devastating earthquake of May last year.
Dhakal informed that a total of Rs 56 million was released for the victims of the district till date.
According to Dhakal, the amount for the victims of Rabiopi, Kolanti Bhumlu and Koshidekha VDCs was sent to Banepa-based Rastriya Banijaya Bank, Dolalghat-based Alpine Development Bank and Dhulikhel-based Civil Bank, respectively.
The National reconstruction authority has sent Rs 2 billion to Kavre victims for the construction of their settlements.
Section Officer of the National Reconstruction Authority sub-regional office, Chanchal Kumar Khadka, said the signing of grant agreement was under way in 45 VDCs of the district.
“We have been working for the grant agreement for around 17,000 households,” he informed. He added that as many as 3,500 complaints have also been filed at the office.
As many as 2,079 infrastructure was damaged by last year’s devastating earthquake while 318 people lost their lives in Kavre.
The tremor also completely damaged 50,270 houses and partially damaged 23,784 houses.
A version of this article appears in print on July 19, 2016 of The Himalayan Times.