Madhesi parties announce poll-centric protest programmes
KATHMANDU: The Madhesi parties on Sunday announced various protest programmes in a bid to foil electioneering and the local level elections scheduled for May 14.
The protest programmes include protest rallies and general strikes in various regions.
Organising a press meeting in Kathmandu today, the constituent parties of the United Democratic Madhesi Front and the Federal Alliance announced the protest programmes.
The programmes include:
- April 18: Torch rallies in district headquarters and major cities
- April 20: Lathi and whistle rallies in major cities of districts
- April 22: Mass meetings in Dhanusha, Udayapur, Parsa and Kavre
- April 23: Mass meetings in Morang, Rupandehi and Palpa
- April 24: Mass meetings in Banke, Jhapa and Kathmandu
- April 25: Mass meetings in Kailali, Sunsari and Kaski
- April 26: Lathi rallies at voting centres
- April 27: Torch rallies in district headquarters and major cities
- April 28: Madhes, Tharuhat and Limbuwan bandh
- April 29: Nepal bandh
- May 2: Lathi rallies at voting centres
- May 9: Torch rallies in district
- May 10 onwards: Indefinite general strike across the nation
- Other protest programmes to be decided at the district level