Man dead after consuming poison in Tanahun

DAMAULI: A man died after consuming poisonous substance in Aabukhaireni Rural Municipality-3 of Tanahun district on Tuesday night.

Police have identified the deceased as local Min Bahadur Shrestha (45).

Shrestha was rushed to Chitwan Medical College where he breathed his last the same night, according to District Police Office, Tanahun.

Police are preparing to hand over the body to the relatives after performing postmortem there.

The reason behind consuming poison is yet to be clarified.

Meanwhile further investigation into the case is underway, said police.